I’ve been meaning to do some sort of 2015 wrap up post and when I noticed that everyone else was doing a cool survey that was created by Perpetual Page Turner I decided to jump on the bandwagon. So without further adieu here is my answers to the survey!
Number Of Books You Read: 44
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: YA (Contemporary)
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
I have a top 15 post here, I can’t choose just one!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Never, Always, Sometimes by Adi Alsaid- I was SO excited for this book and I was pretty let down. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t what I thought. (Review here)
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover! I was not expecting that ending :0
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Basically any books by Megan Duke, Michelle Madow, and Jennifer Armentrout
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
This is torture! The first that come to mind are;
Started: Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
Sequel: Oblivion by Jennifer Armentrout (it’s more like a companion but oh well)
Series Ender: Diamonds are Forever by Michelle Madow
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman! I’ve never read a western before but this book makes me want to read more!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Don’t Look Back by Jennifer Armentrout
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Elementals by Michelle Madow
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Kaitlin Johnson from The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
George by Alex Gino
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“And maybe the only way to find what you’re looking for is to get lost along the way.”
― Adi Alsaid,
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Only for Him by Cristin Harber (70 pages)
Longest: Oblivion by Jennifer Armentrout (1005 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most:
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!):
Courtney and Brett from Diamonds are Forever by Michelle Madow
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?
George and Kelly from George by Alex Gino
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
Basically all the Jennifer Armentrout, Megan Duke, and Michelle Madow books
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Paper Towns by John Green, the hype pressured me into reading it
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Jack Touns from Megan Duke’s Without Me
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
ANOTHER HARD ONE! I’m going to go with The Dead House again.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman, hands down
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Fragile Facade by Sophie Davis
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
No book, but the Captain America: Civil War trailer broke me
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
World War Z by Max Brooks
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover- I don’t hate the book but I was mad a few times while reading it.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I’ve discovered so many new blogs this year that I can’t possibly choose!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Probably my review for Let’s Get Lost since I also shared my experience of meeting Adi and writing in the book (:
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My event recap post of an event I attended that had 16 YA authors! It was so much fun to relive the moment and sharing it on my blog.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Definitely Book Expo America and BookCon! I still think about it every day (no lie.)
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Meeting other bloggers and authors, it’s always fun meeting someone you’ve only talked to via twitter or Instagram in person!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing my life with reading and blogging, I’m still struggling with this.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I actually thought my Event Recap was the most popular but surprisingly it’s my #TackleYourTBR Announcement post…very interesting.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of them? Haha, um I really wish more people read and commented on my NaNoWriMo posts.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The Mockinbae Redbubble shop! The owner has so many creative fandom merch that also expands to TV shows.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
My goal was to read 45 books so I’m almost there!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare *hangs head in shame*
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Elementals: The Blood of Hydra by Michelle Madow
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I would love to become more organized, post more, and redesign my page!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Elementals by Michelle Madow, it’s sooooo good! Check out my rambly review.