The title pretty much sums it up, I decided to make a post with random things about me! I wrote fact/stories in the title because I usually like to ramble about facts so they will most likely be mini stories. These will start off as basic facts and then progress to weird and somewhat too personal. I’ll probably regret sharing half of them on the internet later on…let’s begin!
- I’m 17, a senior in high school, and a junior in college.If you’ve been following me for awhile you know that I attend a special high school that allows me to take college classes in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. No it’s not AP or college prep, I literally go to a college campus and take classes with college students and college professors every day. I complete my high school requirements by taking the ‘equivalent’ class at the college level.
- I don’t think I’m smart, most of the time I think I’m stupid. Despite the fact that I’m in this advanced program I don’t think I’m any smarter than the average 12th grader. In fact, I constantly beat myself up whenever I get a C on tests and cry when I get an overall grade of a C. I know C’s aren’t terrible but I hate them and feel like I should just quit school and become a fast food employee whenever I get one.
- The first book series I completely obsessed over was the Nancy Drew collection. In fact I still want to read all of them in order of publication. I would always run to the Nancy Drew section at the library and spend almost an hour figuring out how many I should bring home. I told my mom that when I grew up I was going to be a detective just like Nancy Drew….yea that’s not happening.
- I was really really upset when I didn’t get my acceptance letter from Hogwarts. I know I’m not the only one! But in all seriousness, I really believed in the world of Harry Potter. Every time my mom would remind me that it was fiction I would nod my head and smile while thinking that she was just a muggle. When my 11th birthday came I was SUPER excited and although I had a great birthday I was so disappointed that an owl didn’t fly in and deliver a letter from Hogwarts.
- If I could go anywhere in the world I would want to go to England. I honestly do not know why I am so fascinated by England, but I would literally jump at any opportunity to go for a week or so. I’ve talked to a few people that live there and I always ‘plan’ a trip with them. One of the girls I’ve talked to told me that I HAD to go during the holiday season so if I ever go it’ll be around Christmas time. I also think that it would be super fun to spend a semester abroad, so maybe that will happen.
- I’ve never had a boyfriend/never been kissed. I’m almost 18, and honestly I don’t think it’s a big deal. I have lots of guy friends and I’m happy with it being like that. I honestly get so annoyed whenever characters in books (or people I know) whine about being single and how ‘they’ll never find love’. In my opinion, if you can’t handle being single for a few months or more then you aren’t ready to be in a relationship. The most successful relationships require two independent people that love and trust each other. I might do a post in the future about bookish relationships so I can ramble on about that.
- I’m Puerto Rican American. I’m kind of a disgrace to my culture…my first language was Spanish, but when I was 2 or 3 my parents wanted to put me in a ‘Headstart’ program. The programs nearby weren’t dual language so they stopped speaking to me in Spanish and primarily spoke English, so I kind of forgot how to speak Spanish. I honestly hate it because whenever I try to learn in school the professors always look at my last name and tell me that I should know Spanish because it’s ‘my culture’. When I try to practice at home my parents tease my accent. To add to my ‘disgrace’, I don’t know much about my culture. When people ask me what I am, they always follow up with questions about the customs and holidays and stuff…I DON’T KNOW. I’m more American than Puerto Rican so I try to avoid talking to Spanish people, which is terrible I know.
- I have strong opinions about suicide and depression. I hate when people say that suicide is a selfish act. I get that those who committed suicide hurt those around them, but that person was hurting to- and even though I don’t think suicide is the answer, it isn’t right to tarnish their memory. On the other hand, I hate when people say they’re ‘depressed’ because life isn’t going the way they want it to. Depression is a disease, not a name you can throw around when your friends start being mean to you. I can honestly go on forever.
- I love to bake, a lot. Whenever I’m free or feeling a bit down (and I have all the ingredients) I usually bake chocolate chip cookies or brownies. There’s nothing more relaxing than watching YouTube or Netflix and making one of my favorite treats. I also make cakes, but I want to expand and learn how to create more tasty treats.
- I absolutely hate going in elevators with people I don’t know. I try to avoid getting in elevators period, but sometimes I can’t. In those situations I try to wait for the next elevator, but unfortunately I can’t always avoid it. Think I’m crazy? Well once I was waiting for an elevator with 3 other girls, when it came there was a guy leaning against the end of the elevator (it was larger than the average elevator). The guy didn’t come out, which was weird since we were on the first floor, but we got in and pushed the button for the 5th floor. As soon as the elevator doors closed the guy spoke, he said “I’ve been standing in this elevator all morning, tryiing to get girls to talk to me. There’s no where else to go, so you have to talk.” AND if that isn’t freaky enough he got mad that none of us answered (I was shocked that he said that). He called us names and said that we weren’t better than him so we shouldn’t ignore him, etc. Finally the doors opened and we all left, he called out after us still yelling…….so yeah, no elevators for me.
Now you know a few weird things about me! If you’d like more posts like this let me know (: