Yesterday The Book Bratz nominated me for The Liebster Award! Thank you so much for nominating my little blog it really means a lot.
About the Award:
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.” – (We Loved Here)
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Facts About Me:
1. I have unhealthy obsession with all things chocolate, especially dark chocolate! Oh god now I’m craving it.
2. I’m 16 years old and this fall I will a senior in high school and a junior in college.
3. I live in south Florida, but I was born in New Jersey.
4. I want to be an author when I grow up.
5. I’m studying biological science in school.
6. My birthday is August 1st
7. The first series I fell in love with was Nancy Drew.
8. The second series was Harry Potter.
9. I’m currently wondering what blogs I’m going to tag since I don’t know many.
10. I’m on the campus library computer right now and I’m paranoid that someone is reading over my shoulder.
11. I love small/independent authors.
1. If you had to choose, who would be your book boyfriend?
Definitely Daemon Black from the Lux series. He’s the perfect book boyfriend- he’s funny, gorgeous, and everything he does makes me swoon.
2. If you could redesign one book cover, which book would it be?
This is a really good question! Umm I think I’ll choose Vampire Academy. I’ve only read the first one, but I absolutely loathe the covers for this series.
3. What’s one book character that you wish had their own series?
This may be weird, but I really wish Voldemort (obviously from Harry Potter series) had his own series. I mean how cool would it have been to see things from his perspective?!
4. What was the worst book you’ve ever read?
Aw, I hate being mean. In all honesty the worst book I’ve ever read has to be a book I read in exchange for review by an independent author. I’m not going to name him because that’s mean but he tried to do a fairy tale retelling (Red Riding Hood) and it wasn’t my cup of tea. I rated it 2.5 stars.
5. Why was the book you mentioned in Question #4 the worst book you’ve ever read?
Let’s just say that he didn’t really have a clear plot, when I thought the story was over he added another random war or battle. The characters were weak and flat; I didn’t know anything about their pasts. Worst of all, for me at least, was that the book was just one fight scene to the next and whenever the characters weren’t in a fight I felt that the author was rushing to another fight scene. It was basically a mess.
6. If you could recommend one book to the whole world, what would it be?
I’m going to cheat and recommend two! First I will recommend ‘The Last Song’ by Nicholas Sparks. It isn’t my absolute favorite book of all time, but I think it’s a book that everyone should read. The next one is Small Circles by Megan Duke, it is a BEAUTIFUL story and everyone should read it now. Like right now. Like what are you doing still reading this? Click here
and buy it and then read it and then come back to talk to me about it.
7. What’s one of your favorite book blogs that you follow? (Tag them!)
I’m just now discovering book blogs so I don’t have too many. I’m going to tag just a couple(:
The Book Bratz
The YA Club
The YA Nightstand
And there are more, but I’m going to keep the list short.
8. What was the last book you read (completely finished)?
Sister of Wind and Flame by Jennifer Ellison, it was awesome. Five stars!
9. How many books do you want to read throughout 2014? (If you have a Goodreads account–what is your 2014 Reading Challenge goal?)
10. What’s one genre that you just can’t get into?
Anything that isn’t YA or MG.
11. What’s your favorite thing about being a book blogger?
Sharing my love for books with the internet!
My 11 Questions:
1. First book you fell in love with?
2. If you can take one character out of a book who would it be and why?
3. Favorite book cover? Least favorite?
4. Favorite book to movie adaptation?
5. One book you want to see on the big screen?
6. Favorite author?
7. On average how many books do you read in a month?
8. What fandoms are you a part of?
9. Any book boyfriends?
10. Favorite genre?
11. If you can switch places with any character who would it be and why?
Good luck guys!!!